This page contains a number of tasks - similar to those you might encounter when using the WWW to as a research tool.
Challenge # 1
- your child is learning about Harold and the Battle of Hastings. Find some sites to support this learning.
- Specific Task - complete the phrase (from the Bayeux Tapestry) - "HIC HAROLD REX ...." describing Harold's death.
Challenge # 2
- Your child has a business Studies Project involving tracking specific share values. Find sites which publish Share Values on a daily basis.
- Specific Task -get a graph of the value of British Telecom against the FTSE 100 over the last three months
Challenge # 3
- You want to use e-mail.
- Log onto ManxNet Mail and register for their free e-mail service. Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Remember to take a note of your user name and password - you can continue to use these after this evening